Saturday, February 23, 2019

Hey!

          Welcome to my blog, my name is Joanne! This blog is dedicated to documenting my journey of creating a short film. This blog will be the place where I can organize my thoughts and ideas, as well as express frustrations and triumphs. I am working with my two great classmates, Kylie and Taylor. I've worked with them on previous projects including an op-doc , however this will be the first project that we will all be working on for an extended period of time together. I am super excited to start this assignment, I know it will be long and ofcourse difficult at times, but I love a challenge!

          A Level Media Studies is more enjoyable for me than AS was. In A level there is more independence to be as creative and innovative as possible. Of course with more freedom comes more responsibility but I am more mature than I was last year and I am ready to handle this task! We've decided to do a short film because Kylie, Taylor, and I have all greatly improved our video editing as well as filming. We have all also used different video editing softwares and a couple of us even have professional cameras so this short film would be a great opportunity to test out our newly acquired knowledge.
         
         As I become more invested in this project, no doubt I will get back into the swing of blogging and become a better blogger than I am at this current moment. Last year I was not too great with time management and organization. Those are two things that I am focused on changing this time around. Planning is essential to creating something incredible, especially a short film. There is so much to take into account when creating a short film such as characters, settings, mise-en-scene elements, lighting, camera angles, time, etc. 

      Overall, I'm scared and excited to go through all of this again, my experience and night from last year will be an advantage throughout the duration of this project. I can't wait to look back at this post when this project is complete and reminisce on how amazing this learning experience was. Anyway, this welcome letter is already getting a bit too lengthy so I just want to end it by saying, thank you for making it this far and I hope you enjoy this journey as much as I'm going to. Welcome to my blog.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here is my Creative Critical Reflection: