Wednesday, February 27, 2019

An Idea! Finally...

        Today, my partners and I came together to discuss our project and it got me thinking...What should we name our short film? No one had made a suggestion yet and since we seem to be scrambled on other aspects of the film so I figured that since our story is going to center around a doll, we should title the film doll in Latin, which is Pupa. We came up with the idea of the main character being haunted by one of her dolls, but the doll is actually a human being that she kidnapped and views as a doll or plaything for the duration of the short film.
         Our initial idea was to have the main character steal and collect personal belongings from friends and family members throughout the film. Those items would include hair clippings, jewelry, etc. The point of her stealing all of these belongings is so that she can use all of her favorite stolen items to create a doll. The doll is meant to represent what the main character wished she looked like. The doll is supposed to be "perfect". Our goal with this is to get across the point that girls try so hard to be perfect and stoop so low to get there, and even when it is obvious that our ideas of perfection are unattainable, we do anything to reach them, unfortunately.
         I am seriously hoping that this film does off come across as comedic in any way, because it is supposed to be a thriller. My fear is that our film will be 'corny' or 'cheesy' so even this idea worries me and at this point I am not sure what we're gonna actually do. Hopefully next class, we will cement our plot. At least we have a title, I'm not sure if it'll stick, that just depends on what else changes in our plot or narrative. I am hoping that we keep the title though and not just because I came up with it .. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here is my Creative Critical Reflection: