Friday, March 1, 2019

Group Meeting

          On Friday (today) my teacher split the class into three groups with the hopes that as peers we could all bounce ideas off of each other, critique everyone's work so far, and overall just get outside opinions about how everyone's projects are coming along. My peers gave me some great ideas that I know are gonna make my short film better. I took down some notes on google docs during the meeting. Here they are:


-POV of doll to show that it is human
-Human arm appearing in parts of film to show that there may be someone else in the house
- Woman telling doll that she’s been so lonely to show she is not completely okay, mentally.
-Audience realizes that its a real person in the end, villain does not
-Black and white to color or static when doll turns into human with camera trick at the end
-Humming in kitchen to add eerie effect
-Camera goes around antagonist head in the end when she's confessing her loneliness then its revealed to audience that the doll is a human
-Research the dynamic between humans and dolls

- Criminal Minds episode about human obsessions with dolls (S5E12)
When I brought these ideas/suggestions to Kylie and Taylor they agreed with many of them. I am relived and super grateful that we had group meetings with our classmates this early in the project because it allows for many mistakes to be avoided early on. I know that this post may seem a bit confusing especially because it is not the same story that I was describing in my last post, but everything will be explained in the next post so stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

Here is my Creative Critical Reflection: